james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Pangaro" <mpang...@lokitech.com>
Subject Possible Bug
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 20:36:05 GMT
Hello all,
Noticed a strange exception when I was doing some testing of a patch I'm working on. When
I run a build on Win2k and press Ctl-C to stop the process, normally I get the following output,
then a prompt to end the batch process:
  JVM exiting abnormally. Shutting down Phoenix.
What I've noticed is that if I allow an SMTP connection to time out rather than send a "QUIT"
command, I get the following exception when James shuts down.
  JVM exiting abnormally. Shutting down Phoenix.
  java.lang.IllegalStateException: Using a stale object reference to call a disposed Block.
          at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandler.invoke(BlockInvocationHandler.java:92)
          at $Proxy9.log(Unknown Source)
          at org.apache.mailet.GenericMailet.log(GenericMailet.java:148)
          at org.apache.james.transport.mailets.RemoteDelivery.run(RemoteDelivery.java:371)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
I don't know if the same occurs from a timeout of a connection to any of the other services.
Still shuts down ok, but seems like it should be caught, or the object reference should be
cleaned up. Sorry if this should have been posted to Avalon list, but I wasn't really sure
where it belonged.

Matt