james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <ser...@lokitech.com>
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 13:36:01 GMT
Ok, I really would like to get an alpha/beta released soon.  Here's what I
have from Charles' original list that aren't done, plus a few other things:

(still remaining I'm pretty sure)
1. Upgrade to Avalon 4.0 (release) and Avalon-Excalibur 4.0 b4 (hopefully
this will go final before we are ready to go final)
2. Upgrade Phoenix/Cornerstone
3. Start putting out alphas and betas in run up to release
4. Draw up a full changelog.  Key items include:
- Add NNTP server
- Provide JDBC Mail and Spool Repositories and remove town
5. Start on some user documentation :)
6. Add RMI remote manager to proposal dir - has anyone else had a chance to
test this?

(new)
7. Remove town based matchers/mailets - rewrite with new db source style
8. Merge 'userstore' proposal to main CVS
9. Apply patches for message ghosting problem and StreamStore
annoyingly-still-there problem.
10. Change JDBC repository to support db:// and dbfile:// instead of spool
vs. mail approach.
11. Change so logs aren't erased every time James runs (might be fixed by
upgrading avalon)
12. Fix dir context problem in JDBC store.

Anything else?  The major committers (me included) seemed to get busy/sparse
the last half of August, but hopefully we can get together enough to do a
release soon).  I plan on tackling 4, 7, 8, 9, and 10, and maybe 12 shortly.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/