james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Bucher <gabriel.buc...@razor.ch>
Subject Re: Next release (try again)
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 19:28:16 GMT
Sounds cool!

Serge Knystautas wrote:
> Ok, I really would like to get an alpha/beta released soon.  Here's what I
> have from Charles' original list that aren't done, plus a few other things:
>
> (still remaining I'm pretty sure)
> 1. Upgrade to Avalon 4.0 (release) and Avalon-Excalibur 4.0 b4 (hopefully
> this will go final before we are ready to go final)
> 2. Upgrade Phoenix/Cornerstone
I tried to upgrade with the nightly build from today. See my previous
mail about shuting down phoenix! Problems with the
DefaultConnectionManager from Cornerstone!

> 3. Start putting out alphas and betas in run up to release
> 4. Draw up a full changelog.  Key items include:
> - Add NNTP server
> - Provide JDBC Mail and Spool Repositories and remove town
> 5. Start on some user documentation :)
> 6. Add RMI remote manager to proposal dir - has anyone else had a chance to
> test this?
>
> (new)
> 7. Remove town based matchers/mailets - rewrite with new db source style
> 8. Merge 'userstore' proposal to main CVS
> 9. Apply patches for message ghosting problem and StreamStore
> annoyingly-still-there problem.
> 10. Change JDBC repository to support db:// and dbfile:// instead of spool
> vs. mail approach.
> 11. Change so logs aren't erased every time James runs (might be fixed by
> upgrading avalon)
> 12. Fix dir context problem in JDBC store.
>
> Anything else?  The major committers (me included) seemed to get busy/sparse
> the last half of August, but hopefully we can get together enough to do a
> release soon).  I plan on tackling 4, 7, 8, 9, and 10, and maybe 12 shortly.
I don't have committing rights, but I could help fixing bugs.

Question:
What is the idea about the IMAP Service? I tried to switch the storage
from basic to IMAP and it doesn't really work!
Maybe the best thing for this release is to remove the IMAP Service and
put it back into the proposal!
Comments?!?

Buchi