james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Bucher <gabriel.buc...@razor.ch>
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:04:54 GMT
Hi

I'm not sure if this is what Serge specified as point 12!
 > 12. Fix dir context problem in JDBC store.

If I go through the james-config.xml I can find alot of file based
references! But I think, all are handled on there own way!

Examples:
  <inboxRepository>
    <repository destinationURL="file://var/mail/inboxes/"
                type="MAIL">
    </repository>
  </inboxRepository>
Realpath is <james_app_home>/var/mail/inboxes

   <nntp-repository>
     <rootPath>file:///var/nntp/groups</rootPath>
   </nntp-repository>
Realpath is /var/nntp/groups

   <sqlFile>dist/conf/sqlResources.xml</sqlFile>
Realpath is
<i_dont_know_realy_mabye_dir_where_you_start_avalon>/dist/conf/sqlResources.xml

What I would like to see is: <file_identifyer><absolute_or_relative_path
_to_the_file_or_dir>

Examples:
file://conf/sqlResources.xml
- 'file://' as file_identifyer (protocol)
- conf/sqlResources.xml as relative path
   -> absolute path would be <james_app_home>/conf/sqlResources.xml
   You can get the AppBaseDirectory over BlockContext.getBaseDirectory()

file:///conf/sqlResources.xml
- /conf/sqlResources.xml as absolute path!

file://X:/conf/sqlResources.xml
- X:/conf/sqlResources.xml as absolute path with disk for windows!

What are you thinking about this! I could go through the code and send
patches!

Buchi