james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Bucher <gabriel.buc...@razor.ch>
Subject Re: latest cvs compile but doesn't start up
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:06:17 GMT
Serge Knystautas wrote:
> It's supposed to have 2 primary keys.
>
> You need to be able to store a message with the same message_name in the
> same table as it could reside in multiple repositories.  For instance, if a
> message gets delivered to 2 people with inboxes, they would have the same
> message name and different repositories (inbox/user1 and inbox/user2)

Ok, that's true.
I'm using the 'org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver' JDBC Driver and get the
following exception if james try to create the new table 'message'!

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid argument value: Multiple primary key defined
	at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:497)
	at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:550)
	at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:885)
	at org.gjt.mm.mysql.PreparedStatement.execute(PreparedStatement.java:1093)
	at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.initialize(JDBCMailRepository.java:251)
	at org.apache.james.core.AvalonMailStore.select(AvalonMailStore.java:211)
	at org.apache.james.core.AvalonMailStore.initialize(AvalonMailStore.java:98)

What I think, the mysql Driver has a bug or doesn't support his!?!

Buchi