james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: dnsjava block
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 22:46:12 GMT
Serge,

Simply I am just talking about moving the dns wrapper to cornerstone
from james.  I'm keen for it not to fork... i.e. the James team see the
move, and use it from cornerstone from then on.  That's what the vote is
about - block to move or not to move from james CVS.

As a second issue a JNDI dns lookup mechanism was seen to be more
desirable in the long run to the James team.  My suggestion was, if that
was to happen, for it to honour the "Service" interface that the
original dnsjava block did.

- Paul H