james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: IMAP and the database repository
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:10:03 GMT
To elaborate:

o.a.j.imapserver.FileMailbox implements o.a.j.imapserver.ACLMailbox
which extends o.a.j.imapserver.Mailbox and o.a.j.imapserver.ACL.
At the moment there are no dependencies on the MailRepository interface
or implementations. And thats probably correct.

Once we have an imap server working, I would refactor
o.a.j.imapserver.FileMailbox into AbstractMailbox and FileMailbox. It
should then be relatively straight forward to write an
o.a.j.imapserver.JDBCMailbox.

At the moment, the priority for the IMAP server is to get the protocol
stuff correct, including correct parsing of IMAP headers and envelopes.
I think its easier to do that with file storage - its one less thing to
worry about compared to db storage.