james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Bucher <gabriel.buc...@razor.ch>
Subject Re: Update Avalon/Phoenix
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 13:51:32 GMT
Quoting Serge Knystautas <sergek@lokitech.com>:

> Should we move James to Avalon 4.0 final release or a more recent
> nightly
> build?
Good question!

I think there are alot of dependencies in avalon:
there are 5 parts.
- avalon-framework (4.0 final release)
- avalon-logkit (1.0 beta 4)
- avalon-excalibur (4.0 beta 4)
- avalon-phoenix (nightly build)
- avalon-cornerstone (nightly build)

if you wanna use the latest feature in phoenix (shuting down), you can use the
avalon framework 4.0 final release, you need a newer logkit and a newer
excalibur. This versions are all inside the phoenix nightly build.

I don't know the roadmap for all the phoenix components. What I think, if we
wanna start with alpha versions of james... its maybe better to upgrade to a
newer avalon version.
Comments?!?

Buchi