james-server-dev mailing list archives

From John Yoost <Jo...@jeld-wen.com>
Subject IMAP and the database repository
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:10:21 GMT
I am very interested in using James SMTP and IMAP and the Database
repository.

I realize that the IMAP implementation is pre-beta.  I have looked at the
existing code (for IMAP) as well as RFC2060. with the idea of helping with
the IMAP part of the project.

With a quick once over, it looks to me as if the IMAP code does not support
the use of a database repository (or the other way around, the Database
repository does not support the IMAP requirement).  Speciffically I don't
see any support for multiple folders in the database repository, only
hard-coded support for folders under the OS file system.

Am I off base here?

Is this current limitation why IMAP development is at a stand-still?

Please help me get my arms around where the IMAP development stands so I can
try to help.

-John Yoost