james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>
Subject Re: Mailets
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 06:33:18 GMT
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Serge Knystautas wrote:
> I think that'd be rather useful given the standard ways that these Outlook
> viruses propagate.  I would write it as a matcher actually, something like
> "HasAttachmentNamed=blah.virus.pil".

I see, matchers.
Yes I think the (attachment) file name detection would be the first step
in email virus protection in James. But Ideally, the matcher should work
by reading a regex, so that anything that has, say, ".pif" would get a
match. It would be easy to define, something like "*pif", or
"*[pP][iI][iF]"; well, I might be wrong. BTW, I'm currently downloading
jakarta-regexp from the CVS; maybe I'd have some time to implement regex
in HostIs, SenderHostIs, or the HasAttachmentNamed matcher.

> (I really want to get a release out soon, but I'm hoping for a next release
> we start incorporating regex logic in these matchers so the matchers can be
> more flexible.)

Sure, we really need regex support in the matchers.

> I hope there aren't any issues running 2 instances of the remote delivery
> mailet (shouldn't be)... just so long as they have different repositories
> for the outgoing spool, I would think things would be ok.

I see, I'll try that.

Oki