james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>
Subject Re: Mailets
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2001 01:13:41 GMT
On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Serge Knystautas wrote:
> Sounds great.  Since it's not that difficult, it'd be nice to have the
> matchers modified to support regex.  If you've got time to send me some new
> versions, I'll patch them into CVS.

I'm currently testing the matchers. There would be little changes in the
matchers to have them support regex. My only concern is, do all people
have to understand regex in order to use the matchers? What if some of
them would like to just entering a list (comma separated values)? I think
regex (yes, I have to learn more) would match myhost.com and yourhost.com
easily; eg: "myhost.com|yourhost.com".

Anyway, I think regex is the way.

 public class SenderHostIs extends GenericMatcher {
    protected RE r;

    public void init() {
	try {
	    r = new RE(getCondition());
	} catch(RESyntaxException rs) {
	    //getMailetContext().getLogger().error(rs.getMessage());
	    System.out.println(rs.getMessage());
	}
    }

BTW, how do you get the logger from the matcher? I'd like to have the
above exception in the log, but the getLogger() above doesn't seem to
work.

Oki