james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>
Subject Re: Update Avalon/Phoenix
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:02:00 GMT
On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Gabriel Bucher wrote:
> I think there are alot of dependencies in avalon:
> there are 5 parts.
> - avalon-framework (4.0 final release)
> - avalon-logkit (1.0 beta 4)
> - avalon-excalibur (4.0 beta 4)
> - avalon-phoenix (nightly build)
> - avalon-cornerstone (nightly build)

Which version of nightly build of Phoenix & Cornerstone did you use?
I used 2001-09-09, and I got the following:
Phoenix 3.1a1-dev

There was an uncaught exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.AvalonFormatter: method
<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V not found
	at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.createLogger(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.createComponents(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.initialize(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.startup(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.execute(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.main(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.main(Unknown Source)

> if you wanna use the latest feature in phoenix (shuting down), you can use the
> avalon framework 4.0 final release, you need a newer logkit and a newer
> excalibur. This versions are all inside the phoenix nightly build.

I'm more interested in having two instances of James running on the same
machine.

Oki