james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Jakarta" <jaka...@dyxn.net>
Subject Re: james nntp for jakarta newsgroups live at news.dyxn.net
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2001 15:58:53 GMT
good morning!

this machine's name is news.dyxn.net and articles are in newsgroups
org.apache.jakarta.*
in my config.xml:
articleIDPath is the default /var/nntp/articleid
articleIDDomainSuffix is news.dyxn.net

i like the "bridge" idea. i'll be the guinea pig.
there are different names when comparing the cvs projects and the email
lists.
just use the email lists verbatim?

btw, jakarta at dyxn.net is subscribed to *all* jakarta lists as a proof (to
me)  that the smtp and pop are reliable under real traffic for an extended
period of time. the whole server locks up if my client lets too many files
accumulate. i have to delete files manually in the jakarta inbox to restore
functionality.

rhys