james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: JAMES Version 2.0a1 released!
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 19:09:55 GMT

From: "Serge Knystautas" <sergek@lokitech.com>
> Are you sure this works though?  Right now you can't have zero POP3 blocks
> running (meaning, you can't disable POP3), so I kind of figure from the
same
> problem it would prevent multiple POP3 blocks from running.

The basic services on in James are in separate blocks, eg. DNS,
RemoteManager, repositories, and the protocol services(SMTP, POP3, NNTP,
IMAP).  Splitting into blocks does work, otherwise nothing would work. I
used to run James for a long time with POP3 and POP3S, as well as SMTP and
SMTP Secure. I will verify again.

In 1.2 all this was one large 'James' block. This was the change I was
referring to. POP3 was an example. It may be interesting to highlight this
increase in blocks in 2.1.
This information should be useful to anyone who converts from 1.2
config/install.

I'll look into the specific case of 0 POP3 Blocks.

Harmeet
> Are you sure this works though?  Right now you can't have zero POP3 blocks
> running (meaning, you can't disable POP3), so I kind of figure from the
same
> problem it would prevent multiple POP3 blocks from running.
>
> Serge Knystautas
> Loki Technologies - Unstoppable Websites
> http://www.lokitech.com/

This