james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Added functionality to James
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 17:58:31 GMT
Eoin Andrew O'Kane wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am new to the list so please bear with me.
>
> I am currently developing an email to sms based notification server. I have
> considered qmail as my mail server but I would prefer something totally in
> the Java environment, as my sms solution is a pure java one.
>
> Can additional functionality be incorporated into James that when a message
> is delivered to the SMTP daemon, it can then be "processed".
> Where can I look at adding this functionality ?

This sounds like a great example of mailets.
You need two things:
1) A matcher to select which messages require sms notification - one of
the existing ones may work
2) A mailet to do the sms notification.
Look at existing stuff in org.apache.james.transport and sub-packages
for ideas.
If you can contribute copyright to Apache, I'm sure other people would
like this as well.
Regards,
Charles