james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@thought.co.uk>
Subject RE: IMAP server
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:00:58 GMT
I haven't looked closely at IMAP, POP/SMTP/NNTP are enough to keep me
occupied as it is ;-), but this seems like a reasonable suggestion.

I'd say the only overriding consideration should be for IMAP implementation
to have configuration, and repository
as close to the ones for the other protocols as is possible.

Obviously the re-use of existing code is both polite to previous authors,
and saves time, but a total revolution is preferable to no progress, and if
John is prepared to do it, why not.

Should we vote on moving IMAP back to a proposal seperately to what happens
to it after that and before we procede with the mooted alpha release?

d.