james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@thought.co.uk>
Subject RFC822Date
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 10:05:05 GMT
I've written new utility class org.apache.james.util.RFC822Date, which
provides two-way conversion of java.util.Date into/out of RFC822 format.
It also deals with timezones more comprehensively than RFC822DateFormat, you
can now specify a timezone other than you local one and convert RFC822 dates
into other timezones.
It has a wide selection of constructors for every contingency and choice of
setters to allow setting by RFC string or Date object.

The no args constructor produces a timestamp.

I felt that it would be of more use to Mailet writers than RFC822DateFormat,
which only works one way, and only uses the default timezone.

It should allow RFC822 date strings to be manipulated as simply as Date
objects.

I hope its some use to someone eventually!
It is javadoc'ed.

d.