james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: JAMES release
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 22:00:27 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Danny Angus" <danny@thought.co.uk>

> > Danny,
> >
> > Are you a committer?  If not, I'd like to nominate you as one.
>
> I already am, Charles nominated me, but thanks for the vote of confidence.

Cool.  I thought you were, but you had asked if someone else could make a
release (which you should be able to do as a commiter I believe).

> +1
> I think the release needs to be made, with pop,smtp, mailet API &nntp
> working, as soon as poss.
> I assume you're talking about JDBC services (Avalon connectionm pool &&
> SQLResources) being made available to Mailets?
> I'd also like to see NNTP support JDBC (and avalon file) repositories as a
> next step, preferably coupled with a mailet context for incoming NNTP
> messages.

I'm talking about everything related to JDBC...JDBCMailRepository,
DefaultJDBCUserRepository, etc...

We don't actually have true connection pooling since Excalibur throws hard
exceptions if you ask for a connection when 3 others are in use (best case).
So if you have any pop users or are trying to handle more than 1 message at
a time will pretty much guarantee to happen.

Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/