james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Medlock <ericmedl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Hello all
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:16:07 GMT
My name is Eric Medlock. I'm interested in seeing how
I could help out on the James project. I have
experience in Java, JSP, Perl, C/C++, Linux, Unix,
etc. I've done some work on some handed coded SMTP
utilities and POP3 utilities so I at least understand
the basics of the protocols. I know I've got a lot of
work to do in order to get up to speed and begin
contributing but it would be very helpful to know a
few things, such as:
A) How intense is current development?
B) What do you recommend that I study "first" or
rather what are the most important technical
skills/etc. that I should know in order to be able to
help.
C) Anything else you think I need to know.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to joining in as soon
as I can.

Eric Medlock