james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: SASL support
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2001 18:58:49 GMT
> I'm one of the developers of the Cryptix SASL library [1] and I'm
interested in
> using our library to provide SASL support to Apache JAMES
It would be good to have this capability.

> Where do I go from here? Are you guys interested in this? If so, to whom
do I
> submit patches and in what format eg. unified diff or context diff etc.?
And, is
> this list the correct forum for me to ask questions about implementation
details?
This does seem interesting. You should submit patches to this list. My
preference is to have both source file and diff -u. Alternativly whatever is
convenient for you. Help is appreciated.
This is the correct list for questions about implementation etc.

The best steps could be to
- Identify a client that you are using to test SASL. Preferably cross
platform, so that others can easily test it too.
- Add SASL support in SMTP.  At least <doAuth> and <doEHLO> method in
SMTPHandler.java would need to be changed. Please ask if you need some help.

Harmeet