james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: nntp - grab articles by ID Was: james nntp for jakarta newsgroups live at news.dyxn.net
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:45:33 GMT
From: "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org>
> I was using KNode (news reader for *nixes KDE desktop). It was either
KNode
> on FreeBSD or KNode on Linux .. forget what I was using at the time.

Fixed bugs in this area. Latest NNTP code in the server seems to work with
KNode on Linux.

From: "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org>
> rhys - do you want to update your server to the latest James version ?

I have an NNTP Server running on news.kodemuse.com. It would be helpful if
someone could try it out with KNode and other clients. I will update the
code as bugs are found and fixed.
Secure NNTP is at port 563.
news.kodemuse.com functions as a test sandbox. It does not not host Apache
mailing lists.

Harmeet