james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Darrell DeBoer" <li...@bigdaz.com>
Subject Re: Working on IMAPServer (and other things)
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 11:16:47 GMT
G'day Danny

> > 1) Upgraded to use the latest Phoenix and Cornerstone code (built
> > from CVS,
> > since nightly builds aren't available). This includes updating to the
> > versions of avalon-framework, avalon-excalibur and avalon-scratchpad
that
> > are included as jars in Phoenix CVS. The newer version of Pheonix seems
> > heaps more robust than the version we're currently running on,
> > giving better
> > messages when you've done something wrong.
>
> if a build of the head of CVS works with these +1

I might even check to see that the server starts. ;)

It worries me a bit that I don't have any simple system tests to ensure that
I haven't broken any core functionality with these sorts of changes. It
would be great to have a set of tests which put the server through it's
paces.

Does anyone have a set of tests which could form the starting point for a
full set of functional tests? I imagine that a bunch have been written in
the process of developing/testing the SMTP and POP servers.

On another note; the new Pheonix code has support for the Java Service
Wrapper (http://wrapper.sourceforge.net), which we should be able to use to
run James as a NT Service, which would be cool.

ciao
Daz