james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet Bedi" <hb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Working on IMAPServer (and other things)
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 08:59:24 GMT
I agree that velocity has (a) good traction, (b) good developers and (c)  is
Apache.
So a hattrick and possibly first choice for James.

I had a good(better) experience with WebMacro. Found it reasonably mature,
solid and easy to get familiar with. I hope that there is a good feel about
Velocity and not a negative feel about WebMacro.

Harmeet

PS:
- I hope this does not turn into a long email chain. I think any template
technology that helps test is great. Whatever the Darrell likes. He is the
point man. :-)
- I am a user not a developer of either project. If you know specific
reasons why one is better than other, for e.g performace, ease of use etc. I
would appreciate if you could send me(harmeet@kodemuse.com) directly a
pointer or email - Thanks