james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Darrell DeBoer" <li...@bigdaz.com>
Subject Re: Starting James without -jar
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2002 00:10:01 GMT
Hi Jeff

> I'm trying to write a utility to run James as a Windows 2k service and I
> need to figure out how to run james without the -jar option.

I don't know how to help with your specific query (I can run James
without -jar, but only by having Intellij specify the *entire* classpath on
the command-line). However, the latest versions of Phoenix (the app server
on which James runs) have the facility to run as an NT service, using the
Java Wrapper project (http://wrapper.sourceforge.net).

You'll need to give us a little more time to get this working, but if you
can wait (or help :), it might save you a bit of grief.

ciao
Daz