james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@thought.co.uk>
Subject RE: Version numbers...
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:16:41 GMT

> I'd be happy to get a commit-changelog file working, as long as committers
> are willing to update it when they make changes. The way I work is I to
> enter my changes into the changelog once I'm happy with
> everything, and then
> Cut&Paste that entry as my CVS commit log message. This gives us a nice
> historical view of the CVS commit log messages, from within the CVS tree.

we do have a changelog .. its in xdocs and is "built" with the rest of the
docs .. http://jakarta.apache.org/james/changelog.html
I like Pete's idea of generating a changelog from the cvs logs,
even if you then have to cut and paste the non-trivial changes into the
actual changelog doc it'd save a heap of effort.

d.