james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@thought.co.uk>
Subject RE: Working on IMAPServer (and other things)
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 09:37:04 GMT

> > I like the installer idea, can we detect the end of the initial
> un-packing
> > of the app?
>
> Hmmm, good point - you'd need to do the override after initial
> startup. Not
> sure about that. An installer would be very cool though. (This is surely
> something that would be beneficial to Phoenix apps in general.)

Actually I reckon an installer block in config.xml could do the trick,
<installer run=true> <installer/>
which setup would naturally re-write or remove.
It could also be used to store what stage the installer got to if a re-start
is needed during the install.(which I don't think is necessary)
and edited by hand to contain the values needed for a silent install.

This raises the question.. what do other jakarta projects do? if they all
require manual editing of config files there's perhaps a demand for a
generic apache installer.

d.