james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@thought.co.uk>
Subject RE: Hardware anti-spam device?!?!!!
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 14:50:29 GMT
Serge wrote:
> What does everyone think of this approach?

+1

this sounds like a Good Idea, as coincidence will have it I'm configuring a
firewall to let mail through to our first paid-for James Mailet application
(Hooray). The firewall has anti-spam capabilities built into it, and I was
wondering whether to turn them off and let James sort it out, or to leave
them on. Guidance and Best Practice would help me to decide. So hurry up
mate, I'm waiting ;-)

We also need to re-address the fact that James is a blackhole, and decide if
it would be worth optionally validating local addresses during SMTP
sessions.

I'm fairly sure there are RFC's relating to spam, but I don't know what
ones.

d.