james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@thought.co.uk>
Subject RE: minor bugs in latest 11-jan source + possible fixes
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 10:06:44 GMT
I've made severNames contain lowercase'ed names,
and call o.a.James.contains() with lowercase servername, b'cos..

a) domain names are case insensitive according to rfc1035:
"Note that while upper and lower case letters are allowed in domain
names, no significance is attached to the case.  That is, two names with
the same spelling but different case are to be treated as if identical"

b) it should be faster than iterating where you have more than a handful of
servernames.(correct me if I'm assuming too much here)

I hope that there isn't any other part of James which requires case
sensitive domain comparisons, I don't expect there to be (see a above).

These changes will be merged into the head after the release (today I hope).

d.