james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Sandeep Sharma <sandiin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: About CharTerminatedInputStream
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 14:49:51 GMT
Hi Serge,

> Have you used any profiling tools to determine this,
> or is this just a
> back-of-the-envelop calculation?
ya initially when i saw the code first time

i have just used a simple application written using
java mail to test it

the reason for my concerned with the code is that,
this the code responsible for receiving mail and hence
ats as a gateway to JAMES

> While implementing only read() and not read(byte[])
> obviously could
> stand to be improved, when I have done stress
> testing in conjuction with
> a profiling tool, I have not found this to consume a
> noticeable
> percentage of CPU.

i wrote a version of the same code with block read and
found significant performance boost