james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Herrmann <f...@inf.tu-dresden.de>
Subject Suggestions/Recommendations "Anti-Spam"
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:31:16 GMT
Hello,

I am working on a project to develop a platform-independent anti-spam
solution. I would like to implement an additional feature for James and use
it as a mail proxy on localhost.

The basic idea is:

All messages from senders that are unknown will be automatically returned to
the senders address with a unique ID and the message: "please send this
message again to the same address".
If this message arrives us, the senders address is permanently allowed.
(i.e. added to "allowed senders")

This will block all of those non replyable mail spammers. Those, who have the
ability to respond (and even do so with the unique ID) can be blocked easily
by changing the format of the message.

What is the best way to contribute this idea into James ? Where to start ?

Frank Herrmann