james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject New alpha release?
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:08:47 GMT
There have been a few fixes since alpha 2, the ones I remember off the
top of my head include:
- fixed delay in db repository
- fixed pop3 dot-stuffing bug
- fixed bounce method to use Return-Path header if there
probably a few other fixes... hopefully people have been updating the
changelog.xml file (hint hint).

I'm almost ready to deploy a patch to better identify temporary delivery
exceptions and clean up the messages a bit (like instead of saying,
"javax.mail.SendFailedException 512 3 I don't likeyou", have the error
message say, "When I tried to deliver to the mail server at
stupid.mailserver.com, it told me: [newline]512 3 I don't likeyou".

Also, I'm going to try to patch the file repository so you can save a
message with the same message name.  I think that's the better fix for
the delivery problems.  If I can't do that easily, I'll apply that patch
that renames the messages when it has to store messages for replies
(which is currently creating the 0-byte problem in the file repository).

So, how about a vote for alpha 3 pending these 2 fixes?
--
Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/