james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject JDK 1.4 compilation working
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 20:03:55 GMT
In looking at how DBCP has JDBC3 support (ergo JDK 1.4) support, I took
the same approach, reworked it a bit for the James build and class in
question, and presto, James is compiling in 1.4.

One question if anybody knows why it was done this way... the current
build.xml creates a build\classes and build\src directory.  However, it
only copies the Constants file into build\src and during a compile
references the java source from the CVS directory.  I had to change this
to copy all java code to build\src since I need to possibly replace a
token, based on whether we need JDBC3 support.  Aside from having to
delete and recreate the Constants file each time, does anybody see a
downside with doing it this way?

I'm going to commit it this way since it seems to be working.  We'll
have to figure out how to make a release though... I'm hoping that if we
compile in JDK 1.4, we can still run it in JDK 1.3.  All the JDBC3
methods just throw exceptions, so there's no real support for them anyway.
--
Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/