james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Skelton <cskel...@bridges.com>
Subject dev questions
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 17:48:39 GMT
Hello fellow developers.

I'm very interested in James as a sendmail/qmail replacement. As an experienced systems admin
and Java developer, I see
a real need out there for a quality replacement for sendmail and qmail. I believe James may
prove to be that
replacement. I have a couple of development related questions:
1) The way in which james accepts mail and them makes decisions around mail routing may lead
projects such as orbz and
RBL(maps) to believe that james is an open relay. I'll do my bit and study the code on that,
but can somebody give me a
high level view of why james operates in this way?
2) Is anyone looking into IMAP support at all? Do you have interested parties for taking the
alpha stuff all the way? If
not, does anybody object to me taking a swing at it? (no, I won't use swing).
3) How serious and committed is this development group to seeing james become a serious replacement
for sendmail/qmail?
(It's not far off, but it does need some more functions).

Thanks,
Craig Skelton