james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@thought.co.uk>
Subject RE: the nntp effort on in james server !!!!
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 17:06:36 GMT

> I think this is a good question, what do you all think the nntp vision
> should be ?

> - Making the backend more flexible. Maybe map to SMPT/POP3
> backend store on
> the other hand I feel NNTP is nicely decoupled.

I think NNTP should use the same avalon framework as POP & SMTP (although
I'm not volunteering to do this, so I guess my vote isn't really fair..)
this would mean that it could use file or DB, and share configuration
information with other blocks.

> - Having Mailet/Matcher/LinearProcessor facility.

+1 this would allow people to write NNTP "gateways" to mail or other
protocols.

> - NNTP sycnhronization with master-slave nntp servers. I was thinking of
> doing this by writing a Avalon Block.

+1

d.