james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Stirling" <scottstirl...@rcn.com>
Subject RE: Building xdocs - dependencies
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 17:51:26 GMT
Ah-ha.

I think the best solution (if anyone besides me cares) would be to
change the echo message in this build.xml target, because this is what
sent me on the wild goose chase to find Velocity to build xdocs:

<target name="prepare-error" depends="prepare,prepare-jdbc3"
unless="AnakiaTask.present">
  <echo>
    AnakiaTask is not present! Please check to make sure that
    velocity.jar is in your classpath.
  </echo>
</target>

If the echo message referenced the URL you posted below it would have
saved me some time (not that it wasn't a good learning experience ;-> ),
or a comment in the build.xml in the xdocs target to the effect of
"Please read http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2.html and
understand the 'How To: From Scratch' section before attempting to build
xdocs on your local machine."

If nothing else, this email thread should help anyone who runs into the
same problem and searches the archive.

Now I will move onto the reason I downloaded the CVS in the first place.
Thank you for your help, Serge.

Scott Stirling