james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Darrell DeBoer <darr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IMAP status?
Date Sun, 05 May 2002 09:41:25 GMT
On Fri, 3 May 2002 07:13, Serge Knystautas wrote:
> Does anybody know the status of the IMAP code?  After going over the
> Avalon upgrade changes this weekend, I was hoping to try to get into
> that code but wasn't sure if the code is in any way testable.  Anyone
> tried it lately?

Hi Serge,

I'm pretty sure I was the last one to delve in there.... Unfortunately (for
the IMAP proposal, anyway), I've been sidetracked working on the Myrmidon
Ant2 proposal, which is taking up all of my Jakarta time presently.

When I finished up, I'd done some heavy refactoring of the command processing
design, to break it down into separate classes for each command. I'd also
simplified things a bunch by ignoring the ACL stuff, and changing the way the
namespaces map to the set of mailboxes. This was based on my interpretaion of
the RFC, but is a bit different to the way Charles had it working - I can
furnish more details if you like.

I wrote some tests, and had a bunch of commands functioning, including LIST,
CREATE, DELETE and a couple of others. FETCH was the next thing to get
working, IIRC.

To be honest, if you've got some time to dive in and start working on it, I
think I might find a little time to join you. It's just that I have little
need for an IMAP server myself, and with no-one else working on it to keep me
interested, I sort of let it slip...
--
ciao,
Daz