james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Packet is larger than max_allowed_packet from server configuration of 1048576 bytes
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 15:28:36 GMT
I've got problems with James which mean that, from time to time, the
error directory suddenly grows with multiple copies of a large incoming
email and before I know it our server has run out of disk space.

Here is the corresponding stack error.  Does it mean anything to anyone?

> ava.lang.RuntimeException: Exception caught while storing mail
> Container: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Packet is larger than
> max_allowed_packet from server configuration of 1048576 bytes
>         at
> org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.store
> (JDBCMailRepository.java:422)
>         at org.apache.james.James.storeMail(James.java:452)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandler.invoke(
> BlockInvocationHandler.java:91)
>         at $Proxy9.storeMail(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.james.transport.mailets.LocalDelivery.service(LocalDelivery.java:
> 34)
>         at
> org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.service(LinearProcessor.java:183)
>         at
> org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManager.java:
> 241)
>         at
> org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:208)
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute
> (ExecutableRunnable.java:47)
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:
> 86)
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Packet is larger than
> max_allowed_packet from server configuration of 1048576 bytes
>         at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Buffer.ensureCapacity(Buffer.java:398)
>         at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Buffer.writeBytesNoNull(Buffer.java:386)
>         at
> org.gjt.mm.mysql.PreparedStatement.execute(PreparedStatement.java:1036)
>         at
> org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.store
> (JDBCMailRepository.java:410)
>         at org.apache.james.James.storeMail(James.java:452)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandler.invoke(
> BlockInvocationHandler.java:91)
>         at $Proxy9.storeMail(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.james.transport.mailets.LocalDelivery.service(LocalDelivery.java:
> 34)
>         at
> org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.service(LinearProcessor.java:183)
>         at
> org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManager.java:
> 241)
>         at
> org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:208)
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute
> (ExecutableRunnable.java:47)
>         at
> [...]

            Public Key - 1024D/88DD65AF 2001-11-23 Stuart Roebuck (Adolos)
      Key fingerprint = 89D9 E405 F8B1 9B22 0FA2  F2C1 9E57 5AB1 88DD 65AF