james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Chaudhuri, Hiran" <Hiran.Chaudh...@softwareag.com>
Subject RE: Newsgroup integration, and other questions
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 07:37:03 GMT
Hi, David.

Isn't it the operating system's task to determine IP-address and
DNS-servers? Either the admin configured everything for a machine, or she
chose to use DHCP on that. I never understood why a mail transfer agent like
James or Sendmail needs special settings for DNS.

Hiran

Hiran Chaudhuri
SAG Systemhaus GmbH
Elsenheimerstra├če 11