james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Chaudhuri, Hiran" <Hiran.Chaudh...@softwareag.com>
Subject RE: Newsgroup integration, and other questions
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 06:07:32 GMT
Hi, Serge.

Actually I thought to have done so. It is clear for me that a transfer agent
needs to know about the domains it serves, and as you mentioned in another
mail this information cannot be obtained using DNS. But every computer
connected on the internet has a resolver library for name to ip address
mapping and vice versa, mostly configured by the administrator to use DNS
(it could be the hosts file also).

So why does a MTA by itself need to know the DNS server's ip addresses? BTW,
I never entered such information and did not see any problems.

Hiran

Hiran Chaudhuri
SAG Systemhaus GmbH
Elsenheimerstraße 11