james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Packet is larger than max_allowed_packet from server configuration of 1048576 bytes
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 15:43:06 GMT
> Here is the corresponding stack error.  Does it mean anything to anyone?

> java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception caught while storing mail
> Container: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Packet is larger than
> max_allowed_packet from server configuration of 1048576 bytes
>         at
> org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.store
> (JDBCMailRepository.java:422)
>         at org.apache.james.James.storeMail(James.java:452)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at

org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandler.invo
ke(
> BlockInvocationHandler.java:91)
>         at $Proxy9.storeMail(Unknown Source)
>         at

org.apache.james.transport.mailets.LocalDelivery.service(LocalDelivery.java:
> 34)

I wonder if that is one of those cases that "shouldn't happen", as was just
discussed in the thread on configuring the SMTP server?

Serge, wouldn't this hit the bad code that we just discussed?  Is this
exception going to be tossed back and handled by LocalDelivery.service(),
resulting in exactly the consequence we were just talking about?  Should
Stuart pull the current 2.0a3 release apply the patch to
LocalDelivery.service() that you just posted to the mailing list, and
rebuild James?

	--- Noel