james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Packet is larger than max_allowed_packet from server configuration of 1048576 bytes
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 13:13:10 GMT
Stuart,

(1) The patch is to replace:

   if (errors.isEmpty()) {
       mail.setState(Mail.GHOST);
   } else {
       getMailetContext().sendMail(mail.getSender(), errors,
                                   mail.getMessage(), Mail.ERROR);
       //mail.setRecipients(errors);
       //mail.setState(Mail.ERROR);
       //mail.setErrorMessage("Unable to delivery locally message");
   }

with:

   if (!errors.isEmpty()) {
        getMailetContext().sendMail(mail.getSender(),
                                    errors, mail.getMessage(), Mail.ERROR);
   }
   mail.setState(Mail.GHOST);

in LocalDelivery.java.

(2) The problem is being caused, I believe, by an old version of the mysql
driver (see my separate message on that subject).  After verifying that the
patch is effective, you might want to eliminate the problem by upgrading the
mysql driver in james/lib to the current release
(http://mmmysql.sourceforge.net)

I don't know if Serge has affected either change into the CVS, yet, but I'm
sure he'll post a reply shortly.

	--- Noel