james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Re: Matcher/Mailet Library
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 20:57:51 GMT
Are you saying that his code:

    //Pass the revised MimeMessage for further processing...
    mail.setMessage(reply);

is too naive, and needs to be something like:

    //Send it off...
    getMailetContext().sendMail(sender,recipients,reply);

    if (! getPassThrough()) mail.setState(Mail.GHOST);

(copying from Redirect.java)?  Is that right?  A Mailet cannot simply modify
the message; it needs to (re-)post it?

> when you modify MimeMessage (i.e. stream) your modifications may not be
> saved to storage (stream repository). Check how boolean variable
> "saveStream"  variable is set in AvalonMailRepository

Seems to me that if the MimeMessage is NOT a MimeMessage wrapper, then
saveStream is TRUE by default and writeMessageTo will be called.

Mind you, I have NOT traced all of the code path to see what happens.

	--- Noel