james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Matcher/Mailet Library
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 17:20:32 GMT
> I have resolved this issue throught the creation of special processing
> mailet which reformats all binary content type mimebodypart attachments to
> fixed length of 76 characters. This was needed for IMAP protocol
processing
> because it cannot handle 60 character widths sent from Hotmail.com,
> Yahoo.com, Fastmail.fm mail servers. If you want I can submit this mailet
> and associating config settings. Without this patch, JAMES IMAP server
will
> not be able to read in mimemultipart body attachments properly.

My suggestion is yes, please do submit it.

On a related note, is anything being done about a repository/library of
contributed matchers and mailets?  That would be quite handy, since I
presume that not everyone's matcher and mailet will be added to the
distribution.  If not, I will consider undertaking that as a project.

I envision storing the library in a database.  What fields would people
want?

	- name of component
	- description
	- version
	- status (stable, unstable, ...)
	- version of James necessary
	- author (valid e-mail required)
	- homepage (if the author will maintain an online presence)
	- download (.ZIP or .TAR distribution)

Thoughts?

	--- Noel