james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject PLEASE UPDATE /james/lib/mysql jar file!
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 16:45:59 GMT
> More overly, I'm pretty sure the problem is with the JDBC driver... I'd
> bet it's mysql, and while I'm not really expert about that db, there
> seems to be a meg limit on the binary field by default.

PLEASE FIX THIS: James is including an ANCIENT version of the mm.mysql
driver.  The current release is v2.0.13; James is shipping version 2.0.4
(25JAN01).  Amongst the missing fixes:

06-13-01 - Fixed ResultSet.getBlob() ArrayIndex out-of-bounds

         - Fixed ResultSetMetaData.getColumnTypeName for TEXT/BLOB

         - Fixed ArrayIndexOutOfBounds when sending large BLOB queries
           (Max size packet was not being set)

The hard limit on the store is effectively set by the client server
protocol.  According to the MySQL 3.X manual, "the server/client protocol
and MyISAM tables has currently a limit of
16M per communication packet / table row," so that would be our limit.

The driver is available from http://mmmysql.sourceforge.net/.

	--- Noel