james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrei Ivanov" <my...@surfeu.fi>
Subject Threads in James: Re: Tomcat + James in a single jvm process
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 09:29:12 GMT
Hi,
just a side note.

> In James' case you would either use phonenix to host another service, or
you
> could use Mailets to start new threads.

When I came across with this phrase. Do you mean same way as  threads
created in RemoteDelivery? I don't think this is a right way. My opinion is
that RemoteDelivery needs to be refactored asap. It shall use
Phoenix-Excalibur threads and it shall not use JavaMail for SMTP transport
(cornerstone socket factory shall be used instead)

Andrei