james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrei Ivanov" <my...@surfeu.fi>
Subject Re: Threads in James: Re: Tomcat + James in a single jvm process
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 10:24:24 GMT
Hi,
I am monitoring discussions here for a quite along time.

> There have been discussions about this, however the fact is that it works,
> its stable, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This doesn't mean that it can not work better, though :-). There is a
consideration of consistency (this is what Avalon and frameworks basically
about). I conclude that RemoteDelivery implementation is not consistent with
Phoenix-Cornerstone in particular and Avalon framework in general.

> We've had a few discussions about the use of JavaMail, why would you think
> we should not use it?
Because this way we don't have control on how sockets are created. Try to
implement SSL for present RemoteDelivery :-)

Andrei