james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrei Ivanov" <my...@surfeu.fi>
Subject Re: Stroage Quota - need advice
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 09:12:56 GMT
Hi,
thank you guys for advices, but I was thinking about slightly different
thing.
Of course a mailet can be implemented to check quotas etc.
But this mean that before a user quota is to be checked mail will still get
to spool.  And this is what my primary concern is about.
After improving SMTPHandler I was able to "pump" James with mails so that,
after "pumping" stooped it takes time for James to process all mails it has
received. If pumping continues you know what happens :-)
My opinion is that regardless of per user quota there should be a global
parameter which sets total number of messages can be handled by
JamesSpoolManager. And if this number is exceeded, SMTPserver shall just
stop handle new connections before spool is emptied enough.
Andrei