james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrei A. Ivanov" <my...@surfeu.fi>
Subject Re: SAR-INF
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 13:35:18 GMT
Hi, Noel,
I have risen this question some time ago in Phoenix list. Your proposal (to
have something like ./run.sh config-only) is good but it doesn't solve other
config - deployment related problems. I can quote my post to Phoenix list:

[clip - my mail to Phoenix list]
Installer, I am using, can NOT zip or unzip files. During installation
process user has to make several choices which have to go into configuration
file (SAR-INF/config.xml). When installation finishes, installer will have
to start phoenix. It seems so that phoenix can not start when there is no
sar file inside apps. This causes problem when config.xml which is in sar
and config.xml generated by installer will differ. This bothers me because
from my point of view it is better to have same configs in sar and inside
SAR-INF. Is there any way to make phoenix update config.xml inside sar? Any
other workaround for my problem? What else can be recommended?
[clip]

the answer was
[clip]
When done, you will be able to have configuration information stored
(peristently) outside of the SAR as well as a GUI to reconfigure.
-pete
[clip]

This is what we  shall wait for. So far I am using not very good tricks with
sar since there is no other choice. I hope that these plans, specified in
the answer to my mail, are not frozen yet.

Andrei