james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <mong...@mongrel.homechoice.co.uk>
Subject Serviceable to Composable changeover
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2002 12:59:53 GMT
Folks,

As we've illustrated it is not as simple as it has been for other
projects (I've done most of the conversions).

I have :

1) Changed use of Composable to Serviceable
2) Remove the 'service' of Component for many blocks as it is now
deprecated (it was an empty marker interface)
3) Have some pending patchs to Cornerstone (see other emails)
4) Have upgraded to Latest Phoenix (it does not asume that blocks are
Blocks ( as empty marker Block interface has similarly been deprecated )
5) Dropped reference to Block as an empty interface throughout James as
the latest phoenix issues warnings when it finds it.

All of these are pending of course.  Pending for wisdom from Peter
Donald, and pending given they have exceeded my remit somewhat and
require consent before pushing back.

- Paul