james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: LifeCycleHelper
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2002 16:11:26 GMT
Andrei,

>Hi,
>Paul, could you please post some example (or reference where to check for
>this) of how this can be done:

It is simple look for classes that use directory or extend
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.connection.AbstractService.
Only JAMES has this concept.  I am not sure why yet.  With phoenix there
will be one impl of a 'thing' that could be got via compMgr.  If James
requires multiple concurrent impls of the same thing, then it is
possibly right.  James does this for IMAPServer, NNTPServer, POP3Server,
RemoteManager, SMTPServer.  If they all have resitrations in
assembly.xml (they do), then it is possible (Ithink) to use conventional
phoenix driven (rather that home grown) compose() or service() resultion.

>>rather than letting  Phoenix resolve things via assembly.xml
>>

>i.e., if I understood you right, creating connection handler in other way
>than using cornerstone?

No, still use cornerstone, but let phoenix and assembly.xml do the
resultion of compsable, serviceable needs.

Regards,

- Paul